Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Tiptime was right
Topic Summary: Know your sandbars
Created On: 09/18/2014 10:20 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/18/2014 06:12 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dkaye

Joined Forum: 08/19/2007

Fuck RC's lol

-------------------------

https://www.instagram.com/dj_kaye_/

09/19/2014 06:22 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

Originally posted by: Cole
Originally posted by: daner Surfed 11 hours at 5 different spots over the past two days. Even got to surf 2nd Light for real (not just here) for the first time in many years today around noon. Very fun. Didn't run into any "2nd Lighters" though, didn't think they'd know the secret hand sign- Anybody remember that! HAHA

Surfed out with a glass of wine. Looking for a Sunday revival.

How was the Light? Love the place, but my local bar has been good.

I had fun at 2nd Light yesterday. It was around 11 when I got there for the incoming tide. No wind, glassy with pretty consistent (considering the long period) chest high sets. Waves were breaking medium fast, makeable for awhile and sometimes all the way in. Crowd was light and pretty mellow and spread out. I had surfed south of 2nd Light at Patricks earlier in the morning, where longboards and funshapes were ruling, even though I caught my share on the shortboard, and the Light definitely had more performance juice.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

09/19/2014 07:23 AM

Slackattack

Joined Forum: 09/10/2011

Thats so true. People do look for crowds not sandbars. Offshore fishing  people look for other boats not good spots (fish, birds ect). Same with surfers. I never hunt other boats, I look for fish. I did use to look for Tiptimes car though years ago when I lived in Indialantic. Back in the day everytime I saw his car I would go back and check that sand bar. 

There is just too much beach to surf with a pack.  Got some good ones in S cocoa beach and Playalinda. It was a fun swell!

09/19/2014 01:14 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: daner

Originally posted by: Cole
Originally posted by: daner Surfed 11 hours at 5 different spots over the past two days. Even got to surf 2nd Light for real (not just here) for the first time in many years today around noon. Very fun. Didn't run into any "2nd Lighters" though, didn't think they'd know the secret hand sign- Anybody remember that! HAHA

Surfed out with a glass of wine. Looking for a Sunday revival.

How was the Light? Love the place, but my local bar has been good.

I had fun at 2nd Light yesterday. It was around 11 when I got there for the incoming tide. No wind, glassy with pretty consistent (considering the long period) chest high sets. Waves were breaking medium fast, makeable for awhile and sometimes all the way in. Crowd was light and pretty mellow and spread out. I had surfed south of 2nd Light at Patricks earlier in the morning, where longboards and funshapes were ruling, even though I caught my share on the shortboard, and the Light definitely had more performance juice.

I've been driving right by to RC's or Hightower when the Cape shadow is looming, looks like I'll have to start checking it again.

I was right.
 09/19/2014 01:36 PM

deepblue3

Joined Forum: 10/19/2012

Tables was biggest yesterday from 7am to 8am-legit foot overhead sets and powerful. It faded for about an hour, then was about head high. Streets was better from about 11:30 or so...

Big hitter the Lama.

09/20/2014 04:53 AM

TyroneShoelaces

Joined Forum: 07/27/2009

Originally posted by: g35kookness

Unfortunately when the county makes your local out front spot a parking lot with 5x as many spaces, add some shitters, and makes unlimited parking across the street, and you want to grab a quick sesh after work you end up in the water with 200 people you don't know. RIP in peace Hightower [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1320.ph221024x576_zps2ae5ba52.jpg[/IMG] Got this gem at HT around 7:45 this morning. Even got a parking spot in the first row. Had to leave for work... Everyone was surfing the peak along the north ledge of the tower but peak a little north of that was firing and I was sharing it with like 4 guys..

Fortunately I have been swamped with work lately and have been in the shop by 4 a.m. so no dawn patrol and picking up the kiddos in the afternoon leaving only surf times for a quick evening sesh. It was a zoo on wednesday, nowhere to go north or south at hightower, and driving around equals less time surfing. And sometimes you just wanna surf out front, cause dammit, it's out front!

FORUMS : Surfing : Tiptime was right

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .