Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Bodysurfing Short Movie
Topic Summary: fun shorepound
Created On: 02/17/2014 06:20 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/17/2014 06:20 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

FinGuru

Joined Forum: 05/26/2011

Check out the latest video here .

I've really been having fun playing in the shorepound, when the surfing conditions are bad its usually tons of fun to bodysurf still! Enjoy

Edited: 02/22/2014 at 09:10 AM by FinGuru
 02/17/2014 03:34 PM

surfersensei

Joined Forum: 12/02/2003

Diggin' it.
 02/19/2014 03:15 PM

FinGuru

thanks!

02/19/2014 03:20 PM

johnny

Joined Forum: 12/31/2004

Need to get one of them thingies

Edited: 02/19/2014 at 04:33 PM by johnny
 02/22/2014 09:09 AM

FinGuru

Originally posted by: johnny Need to get one of them thingies

Well worth the investment.....there are alot of days when the surf looks like poo and I take out the handplane and have a blast! Also, lots of shorepound barrels that are not so fun for surfing = super fun for bodysurfing

02/22/2014 12:41 PM

Annue

Joined Forum: 01/06/2011

Yessir..Layin down around here pays off when the reporters are saying "..the tides still too deep."  

05/27/2015 03:36 AM

FinGuru

an oldie but goodie!

05/28/2015 06:15 PM

CERTON

Joined Forum: 04/22/2011

If it wasn't for that sh!tty song everyone would know the secret bodysurfing spot... Mmmmm sargassum  

-------------------------
"Don't count the days, make the days count." -Ali
#rydyrstrong
 05/29/2015 02:17 AM

larenyon

Joined Forum: 10/19/2009

Nice video, looks like you had a blast!

05/29/2015 05:12 AM

CERTON

Joined Forum: 04/22/2011

Willy, you're way too happy bro I don't know how you didn't get a mouthful of that weed smiling so big

I bodysurf in the backyard with both my kids literally every day it's one of our favorite things in the world to do together

Would you recommend a slyde for them or something else... ages 10 and 8

-------------------------
"Don't count the days, make the days count." -Ali
#rydyrstrong
 05/29/2015 08:11 AM

FinGuru

Originally posted by: CERTON Willy, you're way too happy bro I don't know how you didn't get a mouthful of that weed smiling so big

I bodysurf in the backyard with both my kids literally every day it's one of our favorite things in the world to do together

Would you recommend a slyde for them or something else... ages 10 and 8

highly recommend a slyde board! Ill let ya try one of mine if your on the fence...you'll be surprised how much drive you get out of it! you'll also be surprised how much stoke you get!! Hit me up dude and ill loan ya one

05/30/2015 01:16 PM

surfdrawn

Joined Forum: 10/07/2012

Why a $100 - $150 slyde over dans $30 handplane? Sell me on this...

05/31/2015 03:46 AM

FinGuru

Originally posted by: surfdrawn Why a $100 - $150 slyde over dans $30 handplane? Sell me on this...

More size, better shape, and WAY better quality. But if you dont care about bodysurfing, then you could ride whatever...but it does make a difference. 

For example. I can shape and glass surfboards myself. I can make you a copy of a Channel Islands for $250 bucks...brand new. Its not going to be glassed as well, but it will be a decent glass job...the shape wont be exactly the same, but close enough to function. 

As far as money is concerned you would get a way better deal if you bought a board from me. All of my boards are out there in other people's quivers, and they are stoked. But I have a feeling you would prefer to go buy an new board for even more money, than get one of mine. 

1. The shape of my board isnt going to perform up to the Channel Islands standard...

2. The glass job isnt quite as good as the Channel Islands, but its good enough to last...

3. The cost for my board is much lower than a Channel Islands......

So why isnt everybody in the world ordering super cheap custom channel islands (insert any major name brand surfboard) copies?? Because you would rather have the actual Channel Islands. You are willing to pay a little more money for something that is better because you care about it. Any decent surfer can feel the difference between the real thing, and a cheap knockoff...your also more willing to spend the extra money on the channel islands because surfing is a sport you love and spend many hours on......there are litereally thousands of reasons why Joe Shmo will walk into a surf shop and purchase a name brand board over a cheaper unknown brand. 

However, if you just learned how to surf, and you dont spend much time doing it. Then you probably dont have much of a passion for it. If that is the case, your just going to buy whatever is cheapest, because you dont really care anyway....and you cant tell the difference because your not skilled enough. That person is going to get the cheapest option everytime...

Now back to the handboards...

Not that the handplanes that Dan sells dont work. They probably function fine, but they dont work as well and the Slyde Boards...for many reasons....the bottom line is, just like anything....if you do it alot, and have a passion for it...the board makes a difference and its pretty obvious. So I would pay the extra amount for the Slyde ANY DAY....just like most people who surf alot go for the name brand.

I bodysurf alot, so I understand where the difference is and how it comes into play....if you dont bodysurf alot, you might not have a passion like i do...and you probably dont spend alot of time doing it. I do. I can tell the difference...the slyde boards put the others to shame...plain and simple. If you bodysurf alot, and use handboards, then you know how much they come into play, and what a difference it makes.

05/31/2015 04:04 AM

FinGuru

05/31/2015 02:06 PM

surfdrawn

Thanks for the explanation. It seems to me all I do is bodysurf anymore. I'll keep ya in mind if I ever decide to get one.

05/31/2015 06:41 PM

FinGuru

Originally posted by: surfdrawn Thanks for the explanation. It seems to me all I do is bodysurf anymore. I'll keep ya in mind if I ever decide to get one.

Im at most of the local contests with a few handboards...if your keen to try one a contest day would be a good time for a free demo!!

06/04/2015 04:02 AM

surfdrawn

Originally posted by: FinGuru
Originally posted by: surfdrawn Thanks for the explanation. It seems to me all I do is bodysurf anymore. I'll keep ya in mind if I ever decide to get one.

Im at most of the local contests with a few handboards...if your keen to try one a contest day would be a good time for a free demo!!

I might have to take ya up on that! I appreciate it! I'll be the guy with the plain wood handplane

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .