Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Monterey, CA
Topic Summary: where to plant the flag & what to expect?
Created On: 12/16/2012 04:47 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/05/2015 06:27 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

UCFLeeWest

Joined Forum: 03/02/2015

h

Originally posted by: ww Looks like we are spammed.

no spam ... just a change of handle since the old ones seem to be unrecoverable.

03/05/2015 06:32 PM

UCFLeeWest

Joined Forum: 03/02/2015

Originally posted by: shapewright I'll be spending some time up there, my youngest son will be at the Presidio of Monterey studying languages for Army intelligence for 52 months

The POM is on an incredible piece of land and both surf shops in town are just off the base on Lighthouse drive. they both have a selection of rentals if you are not interested in hauling your board. The POM MWR also rents softtops (which seem I see almost every time I am out)

03/05/2015 08:43 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

The spamming incident was a short-lived one. Monterey appreciation resumed without a hitch.

I almost lost my ancient Slug baseball cap yesterday.

03/09/2015 05:45 AM

LagoonSurfer

Joined Forum: 07/06/2009

Originally posted by: shapewright

I'll be spending some time up there, my youngest son will be at the Presidio of Monterey studying languages for Army intelligence for 52 months

Think I'll be joining you. My son just hitched up with the Navy to do the same thing at he DLI there.

-------------------------
Brother, when you get a minute, could I get a list of the words that trigger these fits?

Hey. Where are we going? (And what are we doing in a hand-basket?)
 03/03/2021 10:11 PM

ucfLee1

Joined Forum: 12/16/2012

So Monterey was awesome! Did a few years in Pensacola. Living on Point Loma now. How have ya'll been?
 03/04/2021 02:14 PM

WillDarryl

Joined Forum: 03/08/2014

Originally posted by: ucfLee1 Living on Point Loma now.
How has New Break and Luscumbs been? Are you still wearing a leash?

Edited: 03/04/2021 at 02:22 PM by WillDarryl
 03/05/2021 02:31 AM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

Silly trip to Newport Beach this past summer. First time to see the Wedge in person. It was kid-sized. Weather between Denver and Orange Co. was beautiful, lots of good aerial photos from the plane window. Came back with an extra pair of Yucca fins. Didn't catch the Virus.
 03/05/2021 08:10 AM

equipeola

Joined Forum: 12/17/2009

Originally posted by: WillDarryl
Originally posted by: ucfLee1 Living on Point Loma now.
How has New Break and Luscumbs been? Are you still wearing a leash?
""Ralphy's!!!"" Most of the '70's, during the yellowtail bite, we'd drag my good friends' Dad's boat out SD harbor past whatever Naval vessels would be in, with sticks strapped up under the gunwales, and depending how much swell was actually getting in around the corner, would either hit the bait boat and go get bit down the few (read: many) miles on the Coronado's or,,, hit the Point til spaghetti arms~~ In a decades worth of zip'in across that super fun point section (a couple different sections there though) I don't think we surfed with more than a couple dozen guys. The Navy I think it was, used to call you outta there early on, (you are pretty close to navigating traffic and sensitive chit 'round 'dere) even though it was obvious what a couple knuckleheads we're doing double anchored, no one onboard, but 2 guys 75 yrds away in the water. Then it seemed they had other things to do, but we had it to ourselves most of the time and felt like diamond thieves! I must admit a couple of times I remember during surprise building ground swells from which/where/ whatever direction, we'd have hit it to the fish'in grounds, find it picked up and big ass humps all the way back in, I'd be 'wrecked' and throw'n chunks (ralph'n at Ralphy's!) seasick unable to get it together to surf, with Ralphy's undoubtedly look'n "perfect" as that place CAN look more perfect than it is, but that's part of the 'cool' of it anyway right~~ YeEw!! UCFLee1- do ya get any of that?! or do you and yours stick to the out front cliffs reefs? I miss that area and all o'Baja these days~~

-------------------------
ola ~

03/10/2021 06:12 PM

ucfLee1

Christmas through New Years was big and fun. Absolutely leashed it then I live close to Garbage so that is usually where I go when. Bonus that it breaks when those other spots aren't. Sure wish I woulda decided lived here when I was younger and had more free time.
 03/10/2021 06:19 PM

ucfLee1

Got most of it I will run the rest by my neighbor over a post session to decipher the rest Been sticking to the cliffs ... pretty much from Garbage (the stairs are just around the corner) and north. Usually only have an hour or two of free time so suit up, walk down, hit it, and get home. Could be a bit better but could be a whole lot worse!
 03/16/2021 05:40 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I've surfed garbagemans before. what a cool spot on earth. absolutely beautiful and that walk up/down the cliffs are kind of intimidating for me.
FORUMS : Surfing : Monterey, CA

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .