Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Retired police chief detained at US Customs
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/20/2017 12:17 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Retired police chief detained at US Customs   - RustyTruck - 03/20/2017 12:17 PM  
 Retired police chief detained at US Customs   - tpapablo - 03/20/2017 02:05 PM  
 Retired police chief detained at US Customs   - RustyTruck - 03/20/2017 05:33 PM  
 Retired police chief detained at US Customs   - tpapablo - 03/21/2017 08:03 AM  
 Retired police chief detained at US Customs   - RegularJoe - 03/21/2017 06:53 AM  
 Retired police chief detained at US Customs   - somebodyelse - 03/21/2017 07:16 AM  
 Retired police chief detained at US Customs   - SuperTeeBird - 03/21/2017 07:40 AM  
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/20/2017 12:17 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Being a US Citizen and retired police chief won't help you if you're brown skinned and your name is Hassan.

Welcome to Redneck 'Murka.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/20/...f-detained/index.html

"His ignorance of the law and the Fourth Amendment should disqualify him from being able to wear a CBP badge - but maybe fear and detention is the new mission of the CBP and the Constitution is a mere suggestion," Aden said.
"As former law enforcement, believe me, I agree that if certain criteria is met, a reasonable investigative detention is not inappropriate -- the key here being 'reasonable.' "

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 03/20/2017 02:05 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

"He said a second, more helpful CBP officer had "explained that my name was used as an alias by someone on some watch list. He stated that he sent my information to another agency to de-conflict and clear me."

Ah, the rest of the story. Brown skinned, eh? Yet another prog lie. Our guys did the right thing.  And where do rednecks fit into this? What race were the agents who detained this guy? That is still another lie, no? And this Hassan is a jerk. I have been asked a dozen times if I am traveling alone when I have returned to the U.S. That's a standard question. And for the record, I am not brown or named Hassan. Sounds to me that Hassan is a crybaby jerk. Next time they should put him back on the plane and send him back. We don't need asses like that in our country. We have plenty of them in progs.

I :heart; Q
 03/20/2017 05:33 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

How many times have you been detained? I returned alone from Libya by way of Algeria and they didn't say boo to me.

This citizen apparently travels abroad often and has never been hassled. "Send him back"? he's an AMERICAN.

Maybe they need to send YOU back.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 03/21/2017 08:03 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck How many times have you been detained? I returned alone from Libya by way of Algeria and they didn't say boo to me. This citizen apparently travels abroad often and has never been hassled. "Send him back"? he's an AMERICAN. Maybe they need to send YOU back.

Why would they do that? I am a productive and patriotic American citizen. Now, if I was a crybaby prog like this guy, they should send me back. But I am not, so they welcome me back with with gratitude that I have chosen to come back.

And, yes, I have been detained.

I :heart; Q
 03/21/2017 06:53 AM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

I had a very long delay once getting a boarding pass because someone else with the exact same name (a very common American name) was on the no-fly-list. A friend had a really long traffic stop because a guy with a suspended DL had the same name and birthdate. Part of the paranoia that runs through law-enforcement nowadays is what happens if they had a true bad guy in custody, and then erroneously let him go to commit some evil act. Stuff happens, but it should be (and remain) statistically small.

I also had an hour-long delay and missed a flight over a toothpaste tube that was too big. Some TSA agents and some LEOs are truly assholes.

Anyway, I hope you're all ready for a more intimate fondle-and-grope session on your next flight:
TSA Introduces New, Enhanced Patdown Procedure
 03/21/2017 07:16 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

Being a US Citizen and retired police chief won't help you if you're brown skinned and your name is Hassan

Thats Crazy... everybody knows that NO US Citizen could ever be a terrorist

and specifically NO Retired Police chiefs Could EVER turn into terrorists...

They shouldn't EVEN check IDs because names can be misleading..

Just Ask the person, are you a Police Chief, yes or No???

That should be the criteria to get into America anyway...

03/21/2017 07:40 AM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

I think the point is that people named Hassan with brown skin are very much part of the landscape rather than the aliens some suppose them to be.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .