Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: low fat diets increase death risk
Topic Summary: because = high carb intake
Created On: 08/30/2017 09:40 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 low fat diets increase death risk   - WG - 08/30/2017 09:40 AM  
 low fat diets increase death risk   - surfsail50 - 09/04/2017 09:56 AM  
 low fat diets increase death risk   - scombrid - 09/04/2017 10:59 AM  
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/30/2017 09:40 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

"People with low-fat diets increase their risk of early death by nearly a quarter, a stunning study has found. Researchers discovered that people with low-fat diets tend to turn to carbohydrates - foods like bread, rice, and pasta - and that high-carb eaters had almost a 30 percent higher risk of dying than people on low-carb diets."
The week

"High carbohydrate intake was associated with higher risk of total mortality, whereas total fat and individual types of fat were related to lower total mortality. Total fat and types of fat were not associated with cardiovascular disease, myocardial infarction, or cardiovascular disease mortality, whereas saturated fat had an inverse association with stroke. Global dietary guidelines should be reconsidered in light of these findings."

thelancet

-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 09/04/2017 09:56 AM

surfsail50

Joined Forum: 11/04/2004

Dr Atkins was a genius. Stick to his diet and feel great, lose or maintain weight loss, and lower cholesterol and the risk of dying...
 09/04/2017 10:59 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Just got my blood work back. 

All looks good.

I do not eat a low fat diet. 

I eat 6-12 eggs a weak, buckets of olive oil, butter, nuts, rail car loads of vegetables and fruits and obscene amounts of cheap feta and blue cheese from a certain local produce place.

Only thing I limits is processed foods including simple carbohydrates. I still eat them, I made coconut basil rice last night. But the portion sizes are much smaller now.

Back when I was body building I used huge quantities of simple carbs along with high intake of protein to deliberately gain weight. I got fairly big for my frame. Most folks at the gym thought I was using roids when I was really just lifting like a fiend and eating 5-6k kcal per day. I also had high blood pressure and bad lipid panel and that was in my 20s. 

Even when I quit body building and started doing kayak marathon I was a carb junkie, using carbs to fuel a huge training load. My BP and blood lipid profile was still not ideal even with a resting HR in the 40s and really low body-fat.

Now my training load is modest and my diet balanced and my blood work and blood pressure came in about ideal with me tripping into middle age.

Simple carbs are poison when taken in chronic high doses. 

My personal experience is a sample size 1N so your mileage may vary.

-------------------------

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .