Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Dying Teen's Final Wish Exposes The Pure Evil Of Socialized Medicine
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/13/2017 12:35 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/13/2017 12:35 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Dying Teen's Final Wish Exposes The Pure Evil Of Socialized Medicine
September 13, 2017
By Robert Gehl

On her death bed, 18-year-old Leukemia patient Laura Hillier made her mom promise one thing:

"She made me promise she would not die in vain," said her mother Frances Hillier. "I am going to carry it on."

So Frances Hillier is determined that nobody else in Canada will die waiting for a stem-cell transplant that could have saved her life.

The socialized medicine in Canada that rations out health care kept Laura for receiving the treatment she needs. Laura's hospital told her they had about 30 bone marrow matches, but the Juravinski Hospital didn't have enough beds in the high-air-pressure rooms for the procedure and the staff to perform the operation.

The problem is only getting worse. Despite having a wait list of patients and perfect matches, Canadians like Laura are dying because the government hasn't increased funding to pay for demand.

It's not isolated to Ontario. The Toronto Star found long wait times in cities like Montreal, Winnipeg and Vancouver. The wait time has grown from six months to one year.

And that's what happened to Laura. She was put on a waiting list and forced to undergo round after round of chemotherapy to keep the cancer at bay.

She wouldn't give up. Last summer, she told The Star she wasn't giving up. "Knowing there is a big army fighting with me fighting this cancer is really helping me through it," she said. "I have people and parents fighting for me, but other people don't and this is an issue that needs to be resolved . . . I'm not quitting now."

Clinton Was So Confident Of Victory She Bought Second Home
Miss America Contestants Asked To Condemn President Trump
Federal Judge Issues Horrific Ruling in Benghazi Case
After the fifth round, though her mind was sharp as a tack, her body couldn't take it anymore.

The 18-year-old graduate of Nelson High school and aspiring actress died surrounded by her family. The hospital tried for 90 minutes to revive her.

"They knew her wishes, she did not want to die," he mom said. "Her brain was sharp as a tack... She was so mad at her body for giving up on her."

"She would say, 'Mom if I ever say I want to give up, you have to not let me.' Most of the time all she told physicians and staff was, 'I want to live. I need to live. Please help me. Please don't give up on me.'"

Her body may have given up on her, but Canada has given up on so many like her. So many who die because the government is responsible for doling out medical treatment to people like Laura.

Just before her death, Laura recorded this message:

"Hello. I'm Laura Hillier."

". . . I'm in the ICU . . .

I can't breathe. Soon, a tube will be stuck down my throat again. And for feeding as well.

And I won't be able to talk.

They said I may not wake up but I really hope I do.

But if I don't, I hope this never happens to anyone ever again.

And that the government sees that there needs to be funding. Because people are dying when we can save them. We can save these people. Please help.

Thank you."

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 09/13/2017 04:46 PM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Which health insurance plan in the US covers such a proceedure?

Would this family be able to afford the premiums, deductibles and other out of pocket expenses?

What are the typical wait times for this procedure for someone on an HMO plan in the US?
 09/13/2017 04:50 PM

3rdworldlover

Imagine how long it would take to get your "insurance" company to authorize this treatment: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/O...tment/story?id=3647518
 09/13/2017 05:29 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

http://thefederalistpapers.org/ Another "real news" site. Pure trash, just like FK.
 09/14/2017 05:08 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

He's a cut and paste Repugnitard. probably doesn't read what he posts.
 09/14/2017 07:25 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

I have great insurance and stem cell therapy is NOT covered. I looked into it for my ankle this year and the procedure is really expensive. So much so, that my orthopedic wants to have it done and he can't afford it; and it's his partner in medicine that does the procedure.

waiting for a stem-cell transplant

Are you condoning the use of stem-cells, fishbeater?

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 09/14/2017 07:36 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: SlimyBritches He's a cut and paste Repugnitard. probably doesn't read what he posts.

He is off reading the click bait headlines that he didnt even bother to strip from the paste.

You have to wonder about the people that read that stuff and uncritically believe it. Are they so wealthy that they can drop a half million or more on a procedure and so out of touch that they think thos is an option to everybody? Or do they think that someone will magically pick up the tab here in the US?

09/14/2017 08:31 AM

Fish Killer

So you assholes think a bone marrow transplant is not covered by your insurance!?!?

That's why your assholes!

"Laura's hospital told her they had about 30 bone marrow matches, but the Juravinski Hospital didn't have enough beds in the high-air-pressure rooms for the procedure and the staff to perform the operation."

^These are PROVED facts.
 09/14/2017 08:54 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Pure Evil of childhood cancer > Pure Evil Of Socialized Medicine

09/14/2017 09:12 AM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2017/09/12/i-watched-my-patients-die-of-poverty-for-40-years-its-time-for-single-payer

In my 27 years at these two safety-net hospitals, not one of my patients received an organ or bone marrow transplant. Yet the organs that fed the transplant centers across the region came from the dying patients in these hospitals.  Our patients — the poorest of the poor — gave, but they never received.

09/14/2017 11:17 AM

Fish Killer

"I watched my patients die of poverty for 40 years. It's time for single-payer."

NOT frickin' happening and that's exactly why Trump was elected!

Moron!

^These are PROVED facts.
 09/14/2017 11:25 AM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

Attack the idea, not the person.

09/14/2017 03:01 PM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

Hey fishy dude! Do you know how many times you have reposted, forwarded and shared "news" that comes from russia?

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 09/14/2017 05:08 PM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: all3

Hey fishy dude! Do you know how many times you have reposted, forwarded and shared "news" that comes from russia?

^These are PROVED facts.
 09/14/2017 05:13 PM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

You don't give a schitt about a dying teen. You just like to bitch! SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 09/15/2017 11:24 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: SlimyBritches

You don't give a schitt about a dying teen. You just like to bitch! SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously that's a flagrant lie!

^These are PROVED facts.
 09/15/2017 12:48 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

The evil, socialized medicine in Canada will be giving my friend a transplanted kidney from his donor wife on 9/19.

His medical team gave him and his wife all the testing over the last 6 months as his kidney function went lower so when it fell below 15 he could have the transplant rather than dialysis.

Zero explanation of benefit statements that read like War and Peace, final cost $0.00.

He and his friends and family laugh at what's going on down here with the medical battles.

Is it perfect, no, but for his diabetes, high blood pressure and kidney failure it has always been spot on!
 09/15/2017 12:57 PM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: theglide
Zero explanation of benefit statements that read like War and Peace, final cost $0.00.

Liar!

It's paid for by the taxpayer.

^These are PROVED facts.
 09/15/2017 01:05 PM

3rdworldlover

It's almost like insurance, only better and much less expensive.

Sometimes capitalism just doesn't work, like when it comes to healthcare, education, human rights, sustainability and prisons.
 09/15/2017 01:21 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Liar! It's paid for by the taxpayer.

No kidding, like people don't know this?

Most readers would realize I meant he's not getting a bill for the operation.

You have told as many "untruths" on here as anyone.

Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .