Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Tips for Tom Morey
Topic Summary: boogie inventor
Created On: 11/09/2017 10:12 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/09/2017 10:12 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

oipaul

Joined Forum: 12/06/2004

11/09/2017 05:18 PM

LagoonSurfer

Joined Forum: 07/06/2009

Great little read. He's well worth the effort.

-------------------------
Brother, when you get a minute, could I get a list of the words that trigger these fits?

Hey. Where are we going? (And what are we doing in a hand-basket?)
 11/10/2017 04:21 AM

onegoodturn

Joined Forum: 10/27/2013

yes, interesting read.when i was a grom, my older sisters boyfriend gave me a mach 7 that he had ridden in hawaii. i credit that and skateboarding as the natural progression to more than 25 years of surfing in Brevard. but that being said, every time a millionaire goes broke is it really on the rest of us to bail them out? just saying. been poor my whole life, but if i patented a product that most kids near a body of water owned, then retirement plans would most likely be in place as to never go back to squeakin by. not all of us out on this island have degrees or special grandmas leaving  a million dollas and a house behind.

11/10/2017 05:48 AM

LagoonSurfer

Hey - I get it. A+ for innovation. C- - for responsible planning. There are costs associated with being a creative eccentric.

Brother, when you get a minute, could I get a list of the words that trigger these fits?

11/10/2017 05:54 AM

rc

Joined Forum: 01/02/2006

When I first surfed in the ESA (1980), the bodyboard division was called Boogie Board until someone finally revised it. Mike Stewart was unbelievable. I remember in their Pipe Masters he launched 15 feet above a 25 foot face and landing in the flats and kept going. He won 99% of all the events it seemed. He had the respect from the major surf dudes of the day. It's nice see him "standing" up for Mr. Morey.
But I was kind of thinking the same thing as onegoodturn ... how do you lose that wealth.
I won a mach 7 in a superheat once and saved it for my first born.
 11/10/2017 07:16 AM

LagoonSurfer

Still.

I love surfing. I would rather not sponge a clean, large wave anymore if I could surf it. But I absolutely love sponging. I was sponging in the 80's when the golden era of that happened and o what a ride. It completely resonated with me the negative state of surfing at the time and the attitudes. Bodyboarding was and is all about pure fun and being almost as one with a wave as bodysurfing with a hand plane. I even sponged Puerto Escondido and it was one of the neatest things I've done. Creased BOTH boards beyond use (for me, not for the Mexican kids I left them to - they ate them up!).

Came back to Florida, immediately got a new sponge with the little money I had left, ate Ramin Noodles and meatless spaghetti for weeks. How different is that? I just landed on my feet. Course finding a girl and starting a family settled my feet on the ground and that sure helped.

Still.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .