Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Are the causeways and bridges closed today(Saturday) or do they close when the winds kick up?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/09/2017 09:06 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/09/2017 09:06 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Wahine Linda

Joined Forum: 08/10/2003

Couldn't find any info online, just curious if you can still get in and out of the island.

-------------------------
My golden retriever surfs too!
 09/09/2017 09:24 AM

puinsai

Joined Forum: 09/08/2011

I just called City of Cocoa Beach and got through the public safety option on the phone menu. It actually connected me to the non emergency line for the police department. The lady told me the bridges are open. She could not tell me any further information. It is to my understanding from last year, that they typically close the bridges, once the winds get to 40 mph. According to Intellicast our winds, here in CCB, look to approach 40 mph by 8am Sunday morning. Based on current storm track.

09/09/2017 10:02 AM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

There are no plans to close the bridges until after the storm passes. (Nobody wants officers out in the worst of the storm telling people to turn around.) After the storm passes and if the conditions were bad enough, the bridges will be closed to traffic until 1) DOT inspects them and verifies them to be safe and 2) beachside municipalities verify that their roads are passable. Please know that this is for our safety and don't give the officers a ton of crap about it. They are just doing their job. The last thing we want to happen is for someone to get stuck in a big puddle, get out and get lit up by a downed (live) power line.
 09/09/2017 10:21 AM

equipeola

Joined Forum: 12/17/2009

Excellent Senor'! Exactly what the lovely wife researched- Best to All! 

-------------------------
ola ~

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .