Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: 'Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance' (HCPCI) vs Citizens?
Topic Summary: Does anyone have any info &/or feedback - or similar stories..
Created On: 11/11/2012 09:24 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 'Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance' (HCPCI) vs Citizens?   - surfsail - 11/11/2012 09:24 AM  
 'Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance' (HCPCI) vs Citizens?   - SunriseSurfer - 11/11/2012 10:03 AM  
 'Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance' (HCPCI) vs Citizens?   - surfsail - 11/11/2012 11:23 AM  
 'Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance' (HCPCI) vs Citizens?   - peterg - 11/11/2012 04:13 PM  
 'Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance' (HCPCI) vs Citizens?   - Ripper65 - 11/12/2012 05:31 AM  
 'Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance' (HCPCI) vs Citizens?   - phreshmango - 11/12/2012 12:50 PM  
 'Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance' (HCPCI) vs Citizens?   - tingo - 11/13/2012 08:50 AM  
 'Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance' (HCPCI) vs Citizens?   - surfsail - 11/14/2012 03:23 PM  
 'Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance' (HCPCI) vs Citizens?   - tingo - 11/15/2012 07:48 AM  
 'Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance' (HCPCI) vs Citizens?   - Surfgrl4ever - 11/15/2012 01:50 PM  
 'Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance' (HCPCI) vs Citizens?   - tingo - 11/16/2012 07:29 AM  
 'Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance' (HCPCI) vs Citizens?   - Surfgrl4ever - 11/16/2012 03:16 PM  
 'Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance' (HCPCI) vs Citizens?   - Ripper65 - 11/16/2012 03:30 PM  
 'Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance' (HCPCI) vs Citizens?   - tom - 11/19/2012 07:34 AM  
 'Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance' (HCPCI) vs Citizens?   - tingo - 11/19/2012 07:39 AM  
 'Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance' (HCPCI) vs Citizens?   - tingo - 11/19/2012 07:44 AM  
 'Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance' (HCPCI) vs Citizens?   - surfsail - 11/19/2012 09:22 PM  
 'Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance' (HCPCI) vs Citizens?   - tom - 11/20/2012 06:00 AM  
 'Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance' (HCPCI) vs Citizens?   - SatBchRealty - 08/23/2013 08:48 AM  
 'Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance' (HCPCI) vs Citizens?   - surfear - 08/23/2013 10:04 AM  
 'Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance' (HCPCI) vs Citizens?   - dingpatch - 11/19/2012 07:43 AM  
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/11/2012 09:24 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Got a notice from Citizens that I have the option to 'opt out' and go with a relatively new Insurance Company 'Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance' (HCPCI).. Does not sound like a bad deal on the surface but I have lots of nagging questions..

Every once in a while citizens gives a few of these new (non National) fledgling companies the opportunity to get some business, and gived them the sole right to solicit homeowners on their terms - In my opinion defintiely not theose favorable to the consumer and definitely slanted towards the 'company'.

1) I CAN NOT get comparitive Rate quotes for both BEFORE choosing..  If I leave Citizens I will never be able to get back in. Seesm unfair as a consumer that I have to jump without knowing the rates.

2) I do not see that this relatively new company has a reasonable track record of 'events' or payouts, neither the similar ones formed. 

I was under Citizens & had damage durng Francis/Jeannie.  While the paybacks dragged out (4 different adjusters & 2+ years,), we did eventually get reimbursed reasonably compared to many.

Many who not with Citizens, who also had way more damage, practically didn't get back shite..

As an engineer I worked with many owners rebuilding damaged homes - all insurers are definitely not created equal..

Are these new kids on the block adequately backed further up the chain (If they were insured w/ Lloyds of London I would get a 'warm fuzzy'),  am I wasting my $ on premiums..

The head of Citizen's bailed recently & went over to head HCPCI up? What's up?

Florida hasn't had a bad hurricane season in years so Citizens should be very solvent since they have been making $ hand over fist & should have boatloads of cash in it's coffers.

Am I to give any creedence to  'rumors' that Citizens is planning massive rate hikes.

Citiizens, like social Security, was not meant as a money making organization but what is this talk about closing them down about - whats going on with the $ in the coffers? A Rebate sound fair to me since we have been paying 'extra' since I bought theis house 12 years ago.. or put another way; who 'gets' vs 'deserves' this closeout 'bonus'?

I will have to make a decision between the 2 within a month - but it does not sound like I have much of a rational 'choice' since there is no info offered..

Is this the way pro-consumer insurance regulator division of government is supposed to work?

- Anyone on here ever switched from Citizens to one of the other 'companies'?

- Any claims experience with them to date?

- How much was your rate change/hikes after the switch as compared to Citizens prior to the switch?

Thanks for your input/feedback..

-------------------------
There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .